Crochet hooked breton-style kid's jumper striped in three colours by Conway+Bliss Lolli

Crochet hooked breton-style kid's jumper striped in three colours by Conway+Bliss Lolli

Le Stitch has finally taken the plunge and stepped into the world of hooking garments.

I was getting bored with hooking granny squares. After more than 20, the enthusiasm was gone and I needed a new challenge. Since I cannot knit (or I have never had the patience for that), I looked towards hooking a jumper, starting in kid's size (smaller the size, therefore faster the work, plus TiBou is my favouritest guinea pig ever).

The idea of the top comes from Simply Crochet Mag (yeah, that one again. Here a trend seems to appear). Payable instructions can be found on Ravelry.


The first EIGHT attempts really left me frustrated. So in the end, to hell with this tension, which was too lose for my hyper tight stitches (I am a very nervous person and my hooking is the same).

'Lolli' from Conway+Bliss in Tutti Frutti, Lemon, Gum Drop with neon sparkles

'Lolli' yarn comes from Conway+Bliss and are here in Tutti Frutti (off white), Lemon, Gum Drop (grey), with neon sparkles integrated in the chain-type of thread. 80% cotton / 20% poly, this yarn is perfect for kiddies spring/summer outfit.

'Lolli' from Conway+Bliss in Tutti Frutti, Lemon, Gum Drop with neon sparkles

The finished top is uber cute. However..., since I did not care that much about the tension, the jumper is a little bit on the huge side for my TiBou. But I am sure it will fit perfectly in spring/summer 2017, and 2018 and 2019 and 2020 :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment